Friday, June 9, 2017

Fairest by: Marissa Meyer

Fairest by: Marissa Meyer

Edition: Hardcover
Pages: 222
Published: January 27th, 2015
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Goodreads Synopsis: In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.


Purchase: Amazon | Bookdepository

My Thoughts:
**This blog post had been previously written and never posted. So I decided to share it Today!

When I heard that Fairest was being released I knew that I had to have it, especially since the release date of Winter got pushed back (I am still in my feelings about that...).  As you already know Fairest gives you the back story of Queen Levana so that you can get an idea of why she is the way she is.  Most people would say that this was an unnecessary book, but I would have to disagree.  Although, my feelings for the Queen haven't changed ( I still can't stand her!!!) I felt like now I somewhat understand why she treats people the way she does.  In short, Levana had a very rough life, but on the same note I don't feel like that is an excuse for some of the decisions that she makes. 

Since this book was so short I can't really go into detail about Levana's past, all I can say is that she has done a lot of messed up things to people for so many years and her rational for all the harm and suffering that she caused is just ridiculous.

So would I recommend this book?
I sure would, especially if you want to know a little bit about Winter, why the Queen wears her veil and doesn't allow mirrors in her palace, as well as to get an amazing description of what Queen Levana truly looks like... !!


Favorite Quote: "Levana had not seen the bodies, but she had seen the bedrooms the next morning, and her first thought was that all that blood would make for a very pretty rouge on her lips."

Final Verdict: 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment