Monday, May 5, 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon!!


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is going to be my second time participating in Bout of Books.  The first time I participated was in Bout of Books 9.0 and I didn't read one book in that week.  I think that was do to the fact that my college courses was very overwhelming at the time.  Since I will be graduating college before Bout of Books start I think I have a better shot at completing my goals.

Time devoted to reading:
I will try to read atleast 2 hours a day, and at the very least read 150 pgs a day.  The books listed below have a total of 843 pgs.  I hope to read more than that but I am going to start off slow.

My Goals:
To read atleast 3 books, anything beyond this set amount will be a bonus.  And to write updates through out the week, as well as write a wrap-up at the end of the read-a-thon.  You can also see what I am reading on Goodreads.

TBR Pile;
Updates:

Monday
# of Pages read: 213
Book(s): Eleanor & Park

Tuesday
# of Pages read: 152
Book(s): Eleanor & Park (Finished), The Virgin Suicides

Wednesday
# of Pages read: 68
Book(s): The Virgin Suicides

Thursday
# of Pages read: 0
Books(s): - - -

Friday
# of Pages read: 63
Book(s): The Virgin Suicides

Saturday
# of Pages read: 0
Book(s): - - -

Sunday
# of Pages read: 160 
Book(s): The Virgin Suicides (finished), and Edge of Shadows
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bout of Books 10 read-a-thon Wrap-up!!
I was hoping to get through 3 full books during this read-a-thon but instead I got through 2.5 books, which is better than the last Bout of Books read-a-thon I participated in.  Next time though, I will keep track of how many pages I read through out the week way better than how I did it this time.  On Sunday I completely did not write down how many pages I read that day, which made me have to guess the amount.  Overall I feel like this read-a-thon was a success for me even though I didn't read every day, finish 3 books, or even read for 2 hours each day.  I am happy with my results and hope to set the bar higher on the next read-a-thon.

Books read:
  • Eleanor & Park (325 pgs)
  • The Virgin Suicides (249 pgs)
  • Edge of Shadows (138 pgs read out of 276)
Total pages read: 712

No comments:

Post a Comment