Friday, May 12, 2017

Switched by: Amanda Hocking

Switched by: Amanda Hocking

Edition: Paperback
Pages: 318
Published: January 3rd, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Goodreads Synopsis: When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.

Purchases: Amazon | Bookdepository


My Thoughts:
Switched follows a girl named Wendy who never seems to
fit in at any school that she attends. This causes issues with her family resulting in the constant school hopping that she experiences. As the story develops we see that Wendy isn't exactly living the life that was intended for her. The shock from these secrets unraveling makes her rethink everything that she has ever knew, including the family that she had called her own. Getting into the swing of dealing with her new life, the weight of her new title and the constant emotional ups and downs for her potential love interest you see the struggles of a girl that really just wants life to go back to normal. The problem is they don't!

This book has been on my want list for quite sometime, and when I finally found the omnibus version of the whole series at the bookstore I took the plunge and bought it. I'm so glad that I did because I really enjoyed everything about it. This book is about changelings and trolls. and to be honest I don't think I have ever read a book about trolls but it sure does make them sound interesting. Especially because they are actually pretty and have an array of different powers that I myself wouldn't mind having.

I put Amanda Hocking on a pedestal for simply creating great books like no other. Also, for being such a success in the Self-Publishing world when she first put out her books.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants something different to read. Or just needs a lighter book to read in between a huge series/fantasy novel.

Final verdict: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment